Macbook pro crashes over and over after new install and puts up question mark

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghettoskatearmy, May 6, 2008.

1. ghettoskatearmy macrumors newbie

May 6, 2008
    well I use alot of multimedia programs, but none the less my year and a half old macbook pro now has crashed 4 times in the last couple weeks. the first few times if I waited a few minutes, it would boot up fine. Yesterday I just completely wyped my hard drive and installed Leopard and other programs, just today it crashed and will not boot up even after waiting.???

I think its the hard drive and I just need a new one and a new install, but does anybody else know about this? I answer messages quickly, please help, thanks in advanced, :),

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

Jun 19, 2007
  3. ghettoskatearmy thread starter macrumors newbie

May 6, 2008
    Well I pressed the option Key as I booted up, and got my computer going again, with leopard and all my recently new programs a friend threw on there for me. but I wouldn't bet a dollar that it won't crash again anytime soon, good thing i gotta external hard drive that I can back everything up, :)
  4. kwfl macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2007
    do you have the latest firmware? or have you updated your firmware recently?

i think you hard drive is fine, however the thing recognising it does not work all the time.