Macbook pro crashes over and over after new install and puts up question mark

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghettoskatearmy, May 6, 2008.

1. ghettoskatearmy macrumors newbie

well I use alot of multimedia programs, but none the less my year and a half old macbook pro now has crashed 4 times in the last couple weeks. the first few times if I waited a few minutes, it would boot up fine. Yesterday I just completely wyped my hard drive and installed Leopard and other programs, just today it crashed and will not boot up even after waiting.???

I think its the hard drive and I just need a new one and a new install, but does anybody else know about this? I answer messages quickly, please help, thanks in advanced, :),

nick

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

bingo

3. ghettoskatearmy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I pressed the option Key as I booted up, and got my computer going again, with leopard and all my recently new programs a friend threw on there for me. but I wouldn't bet a dollar that it won't crash again anytime soon, good thing i gotta external hard drive that I can back everything up, :)

4. kwfl macrumors 6502

do you have the latest firmware? or have you updated your firmware recently?

i think you hard drive is fine, however the thing recognising it does not work all the time.