MacBook Pro Crashes Too Often

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bmin, Jul 27, 2007.

1. bmin macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I recently went on an extensive vacation and allowed my nephew to use my MacBook while I was away. I love the guy, but once I got it back is when the crashes occured on a more than frequent basis (I am talking almost once every other session). I have no idea why. I have posted the crash logs. If there is anyone out there that could point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Explain what you mean by "crash." Do you mean an application crashes, or the whole computer? If you mean application crashes, do all application crash equally, or is it really just mainly 1 or 2 particular apps that you notice crashing? (and if so, then also state which apps)

3. bmin thread starter macrumors newbie

I apologize for not being specific enough. By crash I mean I get the gray screen and I must hold the power button down to restart my book completely. Does that help narrow it down a bit?

4. Mr. B macrumors regular

The gray screen is pretty bad... that sort of thing should almost *never* happen.

You could try using disk utility to scan your hardrive for errors, and onyx to clean out all your caches and everything, but for something like that you should probably just take it into apple care and tell them the problem.

I'm assuming you're still under warrenty, and they really are pretty good at what they do.