MAcbook Pro Crashing (dreaded spinning wheel)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joshposaner, Aug 7, 2009.

1. joshposaner macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry to be a pain and come to you all with this but my macbook pro 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo that I bought around a year ago has been crashing constantly.

The weird thing is that it started doing this a few months ago then was fine for a while then started again and got better and finally has now begun crashing at a constant pace.

It usually happens whilst using firefox, the spinning wheel comes up indefinitely and then one by one every other program that I'm running locks up as well. Just today it's started taking ages to load programs on startupl. Also, sometimes I won't be able to click on certain folders on my desktop and the machine is generally become less and less responsive.

I have Onyx already and run it every so often but was wondering if I need to find some anti spyware software? Is there any reliable free stuff for macs? Is anyone suffering from the same kind of problems? Is spyware even the problem?

Any suggestions would be welcome....

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I've heard of several people with the same issue. Try searching these forums and Apple's discussion boards for fixes.