MacBook Pro crashing

rpdaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
I'm a newbie to Mac, can anyone help?
Sorry, I tried uploading a screenshot but I keep getting errors.

Attachments

Last edited:

rpdaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
My daughters laptop

She sent me a picture on my iphone and I uploaded from there. I see here that it looks like it came through?

Nov 28, 2010
located
She sent me a picture on my iphone and I uploaded from there. I see here that it looks like it came through?
It is iTunes crashing. Does it happen every time? If so, go to Finder, click the GO menu in the Menu Bar, hold down the Option/Alt key, click Library, then in the new Finder window go to the folder called Preferences, open it and find the file called com.apple.iTunes.plist and delete it. It is preferences file, it does not delete any data, only settings. Try opening iTunes again.
Sometimes that can help.

Here is the report for people in the know:

rpdaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
I knew this was ITunes , appears to be any program Internet related. Office seems to stay up. Safari crashes as well.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I knew this was ITunes , appears to be any program Internet related. Office seems to stay up. Safari crashes as well.
Sorry, but as you only posted a report for iTunes and did not mention other applications crashing and did not provide further information, we cannot simply guess what is happening.

Tell your daughter to back her data up and let her know how to reinstall Mac OS X via clean install or just normally without deleting stuff but repairing it.

rpdaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks for the response . I had told her I expected to have to restore but was hoping for a different solution

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks for the response . I had told her I expected to have to restore but was hoping for a different solution
She could always try the PLIST delete procedure before doing a restore.
The PLIST files always have the name of the application in their name.
Another option would be to try a different user account, even if newly created. If that does work, the issue is account related.

But since there is an intermediary, you, it is hard to troubleshoot. Maybe make her register here and post in this thread to let us help her?