MacBook Pro & Crysis

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Aranince, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

Hello everyone, as you may or may not know, I'm planning on buying a higher end 15" MBP. In boot camp and Windows, how well does Windows take advantage of the hardware, or does it take full advantage of it?

The reason I am asking is because I recently got cought in the hype of Crysis. And by the looks of it, the specs of the Macbook Pro can run that game very well.

Speculated Requierments:
    http://www.incrysis.com/wiki/index.php/Crysis_System_Requirements

The MBP features 2 gigs of ram, a dual core processor, and a DirectX 10 256MB video card. So according to hinted specs, the MBP should be able to eat the game up. All of the media given out is running in DirectX 9 mode. So even if I have to run in that mode,it will still look absolutely awesome. What do you guys(who have a whole lot more experience then me about Macs) think?

2. brutusvimes macrumors member

Well, I'm not sure, but Crysis is supposed to run in Windows, right? Boot Camp will run it just as well as any normal Windows laptop with the same specs. So: it'll take full advantadge. Be advised, though, that mobile graphic cards always run lower than their desktop counterparts.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

So, can we expect the 9% fps benefit of the 2.4 over the 2.2 to continue, or will the difference go way up, as some 3Dmark'06 results have suggested?

5. MAW macrumors regular

i second that question!!