Macbook Pro Damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Treben, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Treben macrumors newbie

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There isn't much to do other than watch it, wait for it to fail (it probably will) and then let Apple fix it ... for a fee of course. ;)

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

if you bought it less than 30 days ago tell them it came like that and give them this face :eek: combined with this face :confused:

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Yeah because lying about your lack of self awareness is a great thing to do...

+1, there's nothing you can do.

You could try order a replacement enclosure and put it all back together yourself, there's a few places that might sell the parts, ifixit is probably one, applemacrepairs.com is another.

If you're really technically sound, you could buy a new ethernet port and solder it on yourself, but you gotta be damn careful and know what you're doing, it's fiddly!

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

ooo ok wouldnt want to lie. shut up.

your advice of taking the whole computer apart and putting it back together is a lot better.

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Yah, unibodies unibend lol. Cant fix the new ones with pliers and a block of wood haha

7. Everlast macrumors newbie

Everlast

Geezzz..... Looks like the new unibody can't take any impact then, I guess I will have to take extra care myself not to drop my new MBP...

I remember the older MBP won't bend so easy, I'd dropped a MBP(old 2007) before from a desk, landed on a hard surface without carpet or anything. Surprisingly, no dent or bend, just left some scratch on the back and the side cover.

Time for my MBP to invest on some protective gear.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Actually, yea it was, it also wasn't rude.

OP theres no way you still have a warranty, so fixing it yourself or having someone more savvy may be your only hope.

10. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

aw im sorry i hurt your sensitive ears:(

11. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

If you're feeling confident, you can remplace the topcase and bottom case using ifixit parts. The top case cost around 250$ USD and the bottom around 100$ USD.

12. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Wow, the banhammer is gunna find it's way to you some point if you keep on like that... Nobody likes a d*ck, especially not on forums, it's as bad as the internet tough guy, you just end up looking stupid, so please, grow up.

Lying to a company saying that a accident you caused is their fault, is wrong, I'm guessing you have very little morals if you promote fraud...

Rebuilding the case is the right thing to do if you're technically gifted/can't afford the $1500 repair charge...

13. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i wasent being sarcastic. i really didnt know how uptight you were. and the "grow up" line, please so cliche.

i was actually being sarcastic in the first post i wrote. but i guess ppl like you are going to take me seriously because your hide behind you morals until they become an inconvenience to you. then you lash out solely to try and convince your self that you have those morals. if you didnt like what i said why didnt you just ignore it. that would have been the grown up and moral thing to do.

now i dont agree that taking apart the computer yourself is the right move. you risk damaging something else in the computer and also voiding the warranty if it still applies.

14. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

The internet is a tough place to spot sarcasm...

And I've seen several other people give the same response, that's why I "lashed out", because it's a common response, especially from new members.

And by ignoring what you said it's effectively like agreeing, as if it's a part of the norm to fraud a company...

And I stated only take apart the computer if you have a lot of technical knowledge...

15. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

haha yea it is hard to spot. i generally try not to be sarcastic for that reason.