MacBook Pro dead pixels issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by losmani, Nov 29, 2008.

1. losmani macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro (3,1) and some weeks ago I could notice one dead pixel in my display. A week ago I spotted 5 more of them, some close to the first one and some in a more distant area of the display.

What is this issue with the dead pixels? I mean I am quite sure I didn't contribute to it in the sense that I don't throw it or press it or treat it without care.

And prior to this MacBook Pro, I had another one which I returned to Apple two days after purchasing it because it had two dead pixels and in return I got this one that I currently have.

Anyone else has problems with dead pixels? Any suggestions on how this might have happened?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sounds like your screen is going bad. Apple's faulty pixel policy states if you have 5 or more they will replace the display. Call Apple or take it to your local Apple store.
    Edit: Assuming you're still under warranty.

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

4. losmani thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not under warranty anymore (1-year has passed), but this is really silly. I am going to take it some retail stores and see what they say, I just hope that it won't spread, or at least not fast!

5. losmani thread starter macrumors newbie

One more thing, any idea (roughly) how much a display replacement would cost me (15inch display)?