MacBook pro dead?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJJONES, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DJJONES macrumors 6502

Hey guys my MacBook bro penryn will not turn on at all!

I had it on my lap when it died I then plugged the charger in but after a hour it still does not turn on.

It did fall of my lap while I was reaching for the charger but I doubt that is the cause.

I did try holding command power and option
    are there any other tips that may help?
    Appreciate it thanks!

I was also having issues with it saying I have 100 percent battery then getting a MSG saying it is low on battry time
    could this mean a failed logic board I hope not

2. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

took it to the genius bar,and they said i had the wrong charger.

it was for a macbook not the macbook pro, this was the charger they sold me after the original charger frayed up at the end and they wouldn't replace because of there ****** ass design.

anyways all is well
    thanks for no help:(

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well that doesn't make any sense, since you can charge the MBP or MB with either adapter.

Does the new adapter fix the problem?

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I wonder how true that actually is? My MBP wouldn't turn on and the charger light was green even though I knew for a fact that the battery was totally run down. After trying everything I could think of, I took it to the local Apple store today where a genius ran a bunch of tests on it, ending with a battery test and that was the problem, the battery was bad. He asked if I had the charger with me and I said no, my son had it because he forgot his at school so I had been using the charger for my wife's Macbook to no avail. He said that may have been the problem, it may have done something to the power subsystem and trashed the battery. He replaced the battery and I went home and charged it using my wife's charger without a problem. It seems really dumb there would be a difference between the charger of an MBP and an Macbook but that's what the guy told me and I have a hard time believing that the battery went bad because it felt like it. I'd find it a lot easier to believe it's a QA problem except that my wife never once had a problem with the same charger and her Macbook. I don't really know what to believe.