Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewCjDuong

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
I got the 2009 model in March in Taiwan and I noticed that the trackpad is a bit slanted. The left bottom side is above the palm rest and the right bottom side is low. Also the power button seems to be a bit in. These are small problems that I don't really mind but should I take it in and get it looked at or something?

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
I got the 2009 model in March in Taiwan and I noticed that the trackpad is a bit slanted. The left bottom side is above the palm rest and the right bottom side is low. Also the power button seems to be a bit in. These are small problems that I don't really mind but should I take it in and get it looked at or something?

It isn't normal. If it bothers you then I suggest you go to an apple store and see what sort of repairs you can do. Everything is fixable, and everything has a price.

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
He probably doesn't have warranty. The power button is supposed to be recessed.

I'm talking about the trackpad. Even if he doesn't have a warranty, there are places that'll fix it...for a cost. If it isn't a big deal, I would suggest against spending the money on it.

AndrewCjDuong

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
I have full warranty. I bought it in March 2010 but it's the 09 model. So pretty much a month before the new 2010 models came out. It's the 13 inch MBP. It doesn't bother me too much but I've played with some MBP's recently and their trackpads are perfect and the power button seems to be really good at clicking.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I thought the button was aluminum. Anyways mine is also slightly recessed, only enough to feel it by touch. Which I also believe is normal.

the button on the aluminum unibody Macintoshes are plastic from what I understand. Also it should be flush. Also the glass track pad should be flush with the aluminum all the way around. All the MBPs on display at my Apple Store are flush and fine. My moms and brothers have a track pad thats flush at the top, but sunk slightly at the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.