Macbook Pro: Delivery Estimate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebeautyisfake, Oct 7, 2010.

1. thebeautyisfake macrumors regular

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. If it can be merged/moved please do so!

I just ordered a 15" Macbook Pro (high end model). I upped the HDD to a 7200rpm one and went for the higher res glossy screen. I also bought a copy of Logic Studio in the same order.

On my confirmation email, the shipment estimate is "3 working days" which is fine considering I went for custom upgrades. I ordered this morning (7th October). What bothers me is that the delivery estimate is 22 Oct, 2010 - 25 Oct, 2010. That's over two weeks! I didn't think the custom parts would mean I had a huge wait in store!

Is this just a computed estimate? I've ordered with Dell before and when ship the date gets put forward to the next day.

Thanks for your help!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Seems a bit long, even for custom parts. It could be for real though if they're backlogged or running low on supplies. I'd just keep an eye on the tracking and see if the time line gets updated. I believe all of my deliveries have been within 5 days, but that's just based on my memory.

3. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

sounds about right to me. i ordered my CTO MBP15 on the 7th and received it the 19th i believe. keep in mind the 3 say indication is *shipping* not delivery, coming from china it might take a while. I received it about 4 days early from the estimate i got in my order confirmation.

4. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

It just came as a surprise as when I bought a white macbook a year back it was shipped and delivered within 48 hours. Would've thought the place that came from would be the same place where the custom builds are assembled?

Anyway, great replies. Thanks :)

5. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Custom built come from around Shanghai, China. Mine took about a week from order to delivery in Pennsylvania, USA

6. pyroo macrumors member

That is way too long, mine took 4 business days for my custom built MacBook Pro to be delivered. Maybe they are running low on MacBook Pros because they are getting ready to update it and you may get an updated version...it's unlikely but it worth the wait if that was the case lol

7. mrathee macrumors 6502

Didnt they just update the mbp line?

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Lets not get started on this update bs...enough threads already about updates.

9. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

Still waiting for the shipping email. Been three days now (four if you consider I ordered first thing in the morning), but assuming Sunday is not considered a "business day"? Is Saturday considered one?

Forgive my naivety!

10. scrace89 macrumors member

you will get your computer when you get it, really no reason to make a thread or wonder, it is completely out of your control. Just wait.

11. MrFlynn macrumors member

People will think Im drinking the koolaid, but I think we're going to see a laptop lineup update this coming week. Im thinking they may update the entire line...MBA, MBP and MB. With the shipping delay seen here, the fact that they pulled Superdrives off the shelves of the Apple stores, and inventory is thin in the supply chains I think the time is upon us.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Air go away, and MBPs have no internal optical drives..making them as thin as the i7 thermal envelope will allow. In addition, i7 640s, and Radeon 56xx series graphics. The units also ship with an external optical drive, and the regular MB design remains the same as it is now with a modest speed bump.

Oh wait, no more rumors right? :D

12. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

I made the thread because I wanted to know how long others have had to wait for their custom builds. It seems my wait time is considerably longer than most peoples. Obviously I'll get it when I get it, but I like knowing just how they deal with this stuff.
    I paid almost £2000 for this, so forgive me for being a little excited and interested as to when it'll be arriving.

13. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

of course saturdays and sundays don't count in the shipping overview. like i said CTO to the EU is 10-14 days with shipping roughly after 3 excluding the weekend.

14. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

I ordered mine the night of october 7 and delivery is scheduled for October 14 (Thursday). It shipped from Shanghai on October 8.

I got a 15" 2.4Ghz i5 with a hi-res glossy display, everything else standard config. I'll be doing my own HDD and RAM upgrades. The 500GB 7200RPM HDD is already in my hands from amazon, shipped ridiculously fast, a 7k500 Hitachi.

It is listed as a CTO by the way: "MBP 15.4/2.4/CTO" on the shipping e-mail.

15. MisterFeeney macrumors 6502

That is a bit unusual. Mine came in 6 or so days with SSD, i7, and Antiglare.

16. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

Well, the stuff has now been shipped. Checked the order on the US store and found that the MBP and Logic are being sent by two separate couriers. I'm assuming the "Merge In Transit" delivery method means that the items will meet somewhere down the line and get packaged together, adding a retarded amount of time to the delivery date.

No tracking ID as of yet, so now the waiting game begins. I hope this thread helps anyone who had a similar issue :)

17. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

If it has been shipped and you are in the US, it wouldn't surprise me for you to see it within 5 days or less. That's what happened when I ordered mine several months ago.

18. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I'm not from the US, I live in England! So who knows :)
    One thing I did notice was that the current status is "In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule". Does this mean it's on it's way to me specifically, or is that just a blanket term for "it's on it's way to you, but has to pass through several depots etc first" ?

19. MisterEd macrumors 6502

From what I remember, when it's actually in the van on the way to your door it'll say "out for delivery". Could be different now though...

20. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

Does it help that it says "In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly." though?

So many mixed messages, Apple!

21. DJ-R macrumors regular

I love to see people are craving for it to ship faster. I did once too on my MacBook Pro... but I was depress (joke) over the weekend of delay.

22. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

if you're right, you win an internet!

23. moel macrumors 6502

But in reality he needs help for all the Crystal Meth he's been taking.

24. thebeautyisfake thread starter macrumors regular

Well my optimism was short lived as no Macbook graced my home today. I really wish I had some idea where it was, but I can't seen even track what countries my cultured laptop is visiting on its journey here.