Macbook Pro Delivery Has 2 'Departure Scans'???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shambo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Ordered a Macbook Pro last week and was wondering why I have 2 departure scans from China in the UPS tracking info? Note: I only ordered one item so am only expecting one delivery, or is my beautiful new MBP being delivered to he UK in pieces? :eek:

Attached Files:

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Considering it's not the 5th of July. Prbly a typo.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I would assume that it would be local time and China is a fair bit ahead of us in time zones so it would be the 5th of July there.

As for the question, I believe that one of them would be an arrival scan.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Uh, clearly states all times are local...and as it IS July 5 in China right now (that pesky international date line), probably just a duplicate posing. Or, my lucky friend, you are about to get TWO MacBook Pro's. :cool:

5. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

shouldn't the first be an arrival scan? maybe just scanned wrong. Otherwise it may not have actually made it out on the 3rd, and thus needed another departure scan. I've seen this a few times with fedex/ups with duplicate arrival/departure scans

you are almost definitely not getting two mbp's lol

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

it mya just be that it was scanned twice while going through processing in China. dont worry about it. just worry about the location, and not necessarily the message. at least, that's what experience with getting Apple products from China tells me...;)

7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

8. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

maybe it got left behind the first time?

the local time thing isn't always right. for example when i ordered my MBP, it left from sacramento and i'm in san diego. local time was 5am, time departed was 6am and time where the delivery was 4am.

9. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Mine had two of them as well. Mine also was sent to TN, then to AZ, then back to TN, then to AZ again. (I'm assuming it was just glitches with the scans)

In other words, the tracking isn't perfect. It's more for piece-of-mind than anything else. Your computer will arrive just fine.

10. juleyah macrumors newbie

juleyah

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Earlier this year when I was tracking a package via UPS, it suddenly showed up as "natural disaster" (clearly WTF). Ended up getting it 4 days later. :) Which is now I pronounce UPS as "oops".

So... chill.

11. Pigumon macrumors 6502

Pigumon

The international date line is the beginning and ending of a single day. So it couldn't possibly be the difference between the 3rd and the 5th (which is at minimum more than a single 24 hour day).

If you get two mac pros, you have an offer of $500 here! :D

12. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes it could, if the machine just sat in whatever warehouse for a day before it was scanned again.

13. Pigumon macrumors 6502

Pigumon

Hahah yeah, but I think he was implying that it was the same time, just showing it in local china time and local UK time. Maybe not. :confused:

14. alexeismertin macrumors regular

alexeismertin

check the scans on this

I had to return my original 13" MBP last week and a replacement was ordered, thats a lot of scans.

Attached Files:

15. shambo thread starter macrumors 6502a

shambo

:eek:

Better to get 2 than 1 in 2 pieces. :p

Well it looks like it might be only 1 delivery afterall: :confused:

Okay now I have 2 IMPORT scans??? WTF!!??! :eek:

Attached Files:

16. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

its simple,

paperwork

items are scanned when needed, they can show multiple imports or departures because it is scanned when the paperwork is processor or put on a truck,

ie : item scanned and put on truck, re-scanned then moved to another truck.

happens all the time and its normal.

by the way. apple products sent from china need to ALL clear customs before they are released, which is normal practice coming from china.