Macbook Pro Delivery Vehicle In Accident

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JazzLion, Jan 19, 2009.

1. JazzLion macrumors member

Never happened to me before. Has this ever happened to any of you guys? I hope no internal part of the Macbook Pro was damaged :/

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, I personally hope no one was hurt. :cool: Your MBP will be replaced if damaged due to an accident with the delivery truck.

3. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

I am sure no one got hurt. No reports in the media or on the airport website. So it seems to be a minor event. Of course the safety of people is the ultimate priority.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I would ask Apple to replace it as you may run into some problems down the road.

5. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

I will try to do so. Will see what they reply. Have to call them though as I need the serial for support via email.

6. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

Seems all okay. Apparently no injury to the driver. The incident seems to be just a break-down on the vehicle. Asked them to email me a confirmation of what they stated in the conversation for me to use as a log in case I require the information later.

Do you think the accelerometer will register it as a "fall"? (If it was more than they want to admit)

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

No. It wasnt falling was it?.

8. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

Well if it was a more serious accident then the product might have "flown/fallen" in the van during accident or it could have had a sudden deceleration as the van crashes.

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It was in its box which is really well padded with foam, im sure its fine, if theres anything wrong Apples going to replace it for you anyway, do you think the people in the factory handle them well? the guys loading them on/off the vans? the people loading them on the planes? obviously not, so the accident is the least of your worries.

10. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

That is a good point. Would be fun if you were able to check how many falls your laptop had from when assembled to your arrival =)

It is more just having something on print showing that the registered fall wasn't mine in case they try to use that argument.

11. jpvaz macrumors member

Never got this message on a delivery.... but i once got a good one saying:

"Delivery vehicle robed during road block. Wait for further instructions." -> on UPS delivery in Portugal, truck got robbed in Spain.

And more then once i got:

"Delivery delayed due to mechanical failure."

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

How does the accelerameter record falls without any power? :confused:

13. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I got "train derailed package status unknown" once on UPS. Probably the most unique in my experience.

14. JazzLion thread starter macrumors member

I thought it might be a small component that requires minimum power, enough to be powered by the mobo battery or have its own small internal battery.

Wow, guess weird things do happen with the delivery of packages, Airport Vehicle break downs, train derailing, robbery, etc

15. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

wow

16. Love macrumors 68000

Love

My iPhone once showed

1:02 MOUNT HOPE, ON Package delayed due to aircraft mechanical failure. Delivery rescheduled.

(Something to that effect, I'm paraphrasing but it did say aircraft mechanical issue)

17. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

When my MBP was on it's way here the Fedex tracking said "Syracuse, NY: Delivery vehicle hijacked by ninjas; all packages stolen by force."

Apple sent me an email saying that their shipping contract doesn't cover ninja attacks and pretty much that I was screwed! :(

Ended up buying 2 MBP's just to get one...

18. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

OP did you get it?

And btw ... it did say accident/traffc.. / = or = it could've been in an accident, but being in traffic is a possibility as well.

19. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Ninjas FTW!

*runs away*

20. huussi macrumors member

I've had that accident/traffic message on 3 of my deliveries already.

So i would guess it's just a traffic jam at the airport. ;)

21. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

I got a delay one time that said it was due to extreme weather conditions at my airport. I looked out my window and it was sunny and 65 degrees.

22. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

That's nothing I once got "Power Ranger Zoid Battle in city, package status unknown" :D