Macbook Pro + Dell 2408

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by estulin, Jul 27, 2008.

1. estulin macrumors newbie

There is something to be said about Apple products. They just work!

Since I couldn't afford the ACR as an external monitor, I went for the Dell 2408. (half the cost) The Dell 2408 is one heck of a difficult monitor to calibrate. Like pulling teeth each and every time.

My questions is this.
    I finally managed to calibrate the Dell 2408 with Eye-One, but everytime I unplug this external monitor (when I need to take the Macbook Pro to the office) and plug it back in, the calibration seems to revert to a default setting. Weird and annoying!

I checked the Display setting in System Preferences, and the correct one is set, just the colours are way off. And I don't want to have to recalibrate my monitor everytime I unplug te damn thing.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

2. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

FWIW, I calibrated using Spyder2Express... it only allows one profile. If I try to calibrate my MBP screen, then my ACD, the ACD profile will overwrite the MBP settings.

But I was able to get around this by changing some a string deep within the profile info, can't remember how, it was several months ago.

Not sure if that's related to your problem but maybe something worth looking into, it didn't take me too long to find info on a workaround.