macbook pro dent

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bored911, Mar 31, 2008.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

i just purchased my macbook pro about 2 weeks ago (right after the update) and i opened it this morning to find a dent next to the trackpad!!! i have seen this on other peoples machines but i thought it was because they were careless but this is not my case. Will apple repair this, it seems ridiculous that a 2 WEEK old mbp would have this problem. Has anyone had this problem, and what can i do!!!

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

So your macbook pro dented itself and you want apple to pay for it?... Because they programmed the computer to dent itself... so that you'd have to pay for costly repairs! It's a big conspiracy!

3. winty03 macrumors regular

I am doubting they will fix it, because it is cosmetic. Last Friday I called Apple for an exchange of my MBP because I had a "pin" jab type damage to the lid of it and they said they would look into it. After returning to the line she informed me, because its cosmetic they won't do anything. I said well then I dont' want it which then they were willing to do an exchange. She says as long as I had it less than 14 days, which I did (8th day), I am now waiting for my 2nd MBP to be shipped overnight. She informed me that Apple will not cover or warranty any damage unless its within the first 14 days. Within that time frame, of course you can "claim" at that time it came that way, but after the 14th day no exchange for damage.