Macbook Pro Display is Black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justflie, Apr 25, 2008.

1. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Hi guys and gals...

Major problem. Installed Boot Camp 2.1 onto Vista SP1 through VMWare Fusion. I then heard that this probably wasn't the best idea so I went into boot camp to reinstall 2.1 (everything was working fine). I happened to notice, when I went to uninstall boot camp services, that the nvidia graphics drivers had been updated. I decided to uninstall these drivers to make sure that, upon reinstalling boot camp 2.1, any updates for my card would be accepted. After uninstalling the graphics drivers, the screen (as expected) dropped Aero and the resolution went way down. It prompted me to restart the computer and I did. Then I hopped in the shower.

When I came back, the computer had obviously finished restarting, but the display wasn't showing anything. I restarted (into windows by default) and still no display, not even through the boot process. I restarted again, held option, (still no display) hit the left arrow once and then enter, to select OS X. STILL no display. I could hear the computer doing something but no display. I booted off a Leopard DVD, nothing. I reset the SMC and PRAM, nothing. I hooked it into target mode into another mac. The mac could see the hard drive/files, but no display, not even the firewire symbol bouncing around.

!!! Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking that (somehow?) the uninstalling of the windows drivers messed with the video card firmware...

2. bart rijksen macrumors regular

Probably the best thing is to go to an apple store, and see if they can fix it.

3. Bmode macrumors regular

Just file, you never reported back, now I'm having the same issue, what happened???