Macbook Pro Display Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ASmallProblem, May 20, 2010.

1. ASmallProblem macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've been having a bit of trouble recently with my MBP. I've owned it for about 8-9 months, and at first the problem only happened once every week or so, but it's been getting more and more common, and since it's still under the year warranty, I figured I might as well look into getting it fixed.

When moving the display on the MBP, it essentially 'freezes' and a bunch of lines run vertically across the screen (I'm going to upload a picture next time it happens, but now that I want it to happen... it's not :rolleyes:).

Anyways, the actual computer doesn't freeze when the display does (ie, music still plays, I can still type in a word document), so I'm fairly sure it's just a lose connection. I can fix the display by tilting it back and fourth, which makes me believe it's just a lose connection or something of the sort.

I mentioned at the start of my post that it's still under warranty, but having never had any issues with Apple computers before, I'm not really sure if it would be covered, or if it's something they'd fix.

Any advice on how to go about getting it fixed, wether or not the warranty would cover this type of issue, or similar experiences would be helpful.

Sorry if I've left anything out that's important to understanding the issue.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Warranty should cover it. I'd take it to an Apple Store or AARC.

3. green86 macrumors 6502

green86

Well they will fix it, but the real trick is getting the machine to do it for them... They will need to see it happen at least once.

4. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Did you occasionally drop it?

5. ASmallProblem thread starter macrumors newbie

Uh, no.
    I'm actually very careful with it, I treat it like a small child (L)

In all seriousness, I'm sure I've never done anything to damage it.