Macbook pro display looking weird

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by labelkill, Aug 17, 2013.

1. labelkill macrumors newbie

I just bought my macbook a week ago. Theres no problem before this, but today after it went sleep, the display turn looking like this :

Screen Shot 2013-08-18 at 1.55.25 AM.png

Have any of you having this problem before..is it a hardware problem or something else?

2. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Hello, labelkill

The only issues I can notice are that the speaker volume on your status bar is missing and that your dock has been made very, very small. I don't know how to fix the volume icon issue, but the dock can be brought back to size by clicking on the little driver and dragging up.

Is there something I'm missing?

Regards
    Raptor

P.S.: the divider is between the system preferences icon and the downloads folder icon.

3. mykem macrumors regular

Are you referring to the size of the dock (and the app icons). If that's it, my advice is to go into setting, click on Dock and re-size it.

4. labelkill thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh thats not the problem.. can u see the the display color changed? and its pixelated too

there another example :

Screen Shot 2013-08-18 at 11.41.46 AM.png

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

On that pic, I would think the pixelated-ness would be tumblr not having a high res backround graphic.. Nothing you can do I change that.

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

You may need to take an actual photo of the screen. If it's a problem with the screen itself then it won't show up in a screenshot.

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Graphic artifacts due to a faulty GPU do not show up in screen shots. If you look at your screenshots on another computer you'll see that nothing shows.

Graphic artifacts are usually cause by either a bad LCD cable or a dying GPU.