Macbook Pro Dock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wilycoder, Jun 10, 2009.

1. wilycoder macrumors 6502

Anyone have a dock for their Macbook Pro?

I've been thinking of getting rid of my PC desktop, selling my blackbook, and buying a new 15" Macbook Pro with 3.06ghz Penryn. Life will be much easier having a single computer :)

I will need to get a dock for when the laptop is used on my desk.

Reviews of macbook pro docking solutions?

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

This is the only one that I know of. They don't have Unibody versions yet. I've never used one but have heard mixed reviews. Seems the older version fit the ports too tightly, if I remember correctly.

But do you REALLY need a docking station? Get a bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard, and they only things you'll need to plug in will be the display and Power.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I HATE the bookendz. We got a bunch of them in at work and they are horrible. I would never plug my laptop into one of them, they seem very hard on the ports.

4. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

sure, it's called the 24" LED Cinema Display.

5. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

The whole point of a dock is to snap your computer in place and have all the cables and crap already plugged in. The 24" LED display is the polar opposite of a dock, you have to mess with half a dozen cables every time you move the computer.

For a company that hates cables, Apple sure know how to fill your desk with cable spaghetti...