MacBook Pro does it have nVidia?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tbluhp, Dec 28, 2012.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

I have the June 2012 MacBook pro and when I try to search for Nvidia updates using the automatic scanning feature on Nvidia website I get errors? I am doing this using Windows 8 through bootcamp.

2. simsaladimbamba

If you have a 15" MBP from 2012, then yes, it has an NVIDIA GPU, the GT650M.
    If you have a 13" MBP from 2012, then you only have an Intel 4000 HD integrated graphics processor (IGP).

More: http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

If you have the 650M chances are you might need the modded inf drivers from laptopvideo2go. Apple doesn't allow driver updates afaik so you need a hack to get them to ignore the block.

4. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

The OP asked this question way back in a post in the summer and was already told their Macbook only had the integrated Intel graphics.

5. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Under Windows 7 I updated the nVidia Drivers directly from the nVidia Control Panel with no issues at all. Checking with Apple Software Update there was no new drivers to be found but since BootCamp has been released I believe nVidia has released two different driver versions. The last one increasing performance in Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3.