MacBook pro does not boot up.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ashalea08, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ashalea08, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014

Ashalea08 macrumors newbie

My MacBook turns on, the logo appears with a loading bar underneath, it only loads about half way then the computer shuts off. I can't get it to turn on. Help! This time last year I had to get a new hard drive for it...if this is the case I'm going to be pissed.
    Thanks for any help!!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try booting into the recovery partition? See of that works.

3. Ashalea08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there where you need the back up disc? Which I don't have...I did the diagnostics testing and there was some kind of error. I also tried to reinstall but I couldnt.

Attached Files:

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Do you happen to have a backup external drive made with Time Machine or CCC that you could try?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That test is showing you have bad RAM. Try reseating the RAM modules then run the test again. If you get the same result, you will need to replace the RAM.

It is possible you have a bad drive or something in addition, but you do at minimum have a RAM problem.

6. Ashalea08 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you reset the RAM modules?! I just freakin replaced the hard drive last year...apple is leaving a sour taste in my mouth...not impressed. The computer is barely two years old.
    I have an external hard drive that I've been putting my pictures on...don't know if that's the same thing you're talking about.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Reseat... not reset. Take the cover off and remove each RAM module then pop it back in. Sometimes that can help with a bad RAM test like this.