MacBook Pro Does Not Charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hlavkus, Mar 20, 2016.

1. hlavkus macrumors newbie

I recently had a logic board repaired on my MBP (13 inch, 2011, i5) after it could not be turned on but now it has another issue. It suddenly stopped charging. The LED on magsafe does not turn ot at all. I moved it around a bit and blew into it and it started working again but now it stopped and even the moving around does not help anymore. What could be the problem? Is it the charger or has something broken again?

2. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Most likely the issue is the charger. Do you have another power supply or have access to one to try it?

3. hlavkus thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont, my friend has a MacBook Air 2012 version but I'm not sure if it's compactible

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Yep, sounds like a charger problem - are the wires frayed in any way?

I have several where the rubber has broken and the wires are exposed, but still work. But the fact it worked, then stopped again suggests charger problem, imo.

Worst case scenario, test it in an Apple Store when you next pass one, if you cannot get your hands on a friend's charger.

5. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

This isn't conclusive, but you can try flipping the plug over when you attach the MagSafe. I've had this problem with my MBP, particularly when using a MagSafe adapter from the old style to new style plug, and wiggling it around helps some for me, but so does flipping it over.

6. hlavkus thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried it and tried wiggling it around. It helped for a while but it does not work at all now.

7. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

You can plug your friend's in if it is MagSafe 2 and see if it works, it isn't going to hurt anything to see if it works.