Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
I really wonder why again my M1 MacBook Pro does not receive (by forwarding) messages from my iPhone: when message comes it does not show on Macbook (except iMessages) and I cannot send a message from Macbook (except iMessages). iPhone has selected the option forwarding messages to my MacBook. I don't know what more is missing to make it working normally.

Any idea ? Thank you.

s00perd00per

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2022
On your preferences for imessage on your macbook, is enable messages in icloud checked? Also, under your iphone’s icloud settings, make sure it is set to on as well.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
I tried to activate my number in messages on iPhone now again - but it goes forever "waiting for activation"

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
Unfortunately Apple is still far from the interconnected ideal that they market to customers. Very frustratingly, I routinely do not receive messages from two of my closest relatives to my Apple Watch, the entire point of my Watch being to receive instant message notifications to my wrist. Have you done a hard reboot of your iPhone? Try that and then activate the number again. You may want to restart your MacBook then too.

s00perd00per

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2022
I tried to activate my number in messages on iPhone now again - but it goes forever "waiting for activation"
Haven’t encountered that before so not really sure. All I had to do with mine was sync the icloud. Maybe try restarting both like what the other member suggested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.