MacBook Pro doesn't close properly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aramyth, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Aramyth macrumors newbie

I've had my MacBook Pro for about a month and a half, maybe just a month ago. On the right side when it's closed it doesn't close all the way, it'll stay open about 3mm, rather than pressing closed.

Should I take it to the Apple Store to get fixed? Is it worth it? How would they fix something like that way?

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

They would have to replace the case because it sounds like it's warped:(.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I had a 2006 MBP and I had this same problem, not that I have my new uMBP I'm somewhat anxious that this may happen to this one ... It is somewhat annoying. If you take it to the Genius Bar they may fix it for you, I remember I was having problems with the latch release on my old MBP and they fixed that for me ... It wouldn't hurt to ask.

5. Aramyth thread starter macrumors newbie

6. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Hmm. Warped case? Magnetic field gone amok from a small scale local EMP? Battery acid leakage causing it to bulge with secondary effects on case?

7. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

A week or 2 probably.

8. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

Had (still have lol) same prob, with 2006 MBP, guess it was the year of not closing properly MBP lolol, a year later my screen just died, dead pixels all over, send it back for repare and told them to repare the closing problem. a month later got it back...guess what, instead of having 3 to 4 mm...it was 2 to 3 mm. just forgot it and move it on, it didn't worth the waiting of repare it agian. It works great, so.. :D