Macbook Pro Doesn't Recognize External Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Night_Wolf, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Night_Wolf macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I have Macbook Pro retina 15" with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M and a ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED.

2-3 weeks ago I plugged it in via HDMI cable and MB instantly recognized it, and I could adjust it in Preferences>Display.

I haven't used it since and today when I plug the monitor nothing happens. I tried:
    Changing HDMI port on monitor
    Plug in and out cables
    Leave it plugged in and restarting MB
    Holding Command+Option+P+R when booting MB

Thanks!

2. Night_Wolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump.

Research on the web indicates that is the Yosemite is the problem. External monitor worked before, but when I did the last update it just stopped working and no solution has worked for me.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

You may have to put the screen in PC mode to get it to work according to a couple of reviews I read.

4. Night_Wolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Any guide on how to do this? I can't find anything. I can't choose any options on monitor since is turned off without signal.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No idea I was just going by what the reviews said.

You have the instructions there don't you?? Monitor menus should be accessable without using your computer...

6. bootz macrumors member

Sounds like it may be stuck in integrated (graphics) mode? Have you tried forcing discrete mode so that the 750m is used? If you haven't already done so, download gfxCardStatus https://gfx.io . It allows you to switch between the two cards and will also tell you which is currently active.

7. Night_Wolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that and it didn't work. Tried all 3 options but no luck.

Any other ideas guys? I tested cables and everything, that's not the issue, it must be something with Yosemite.