Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

litaibo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
hi,

i have a mb pro from mid- 2007 which worked quite well by now, only the battery was in a bad state, worked just for a few minutes. today i started the computer but forgot to put the electricity on. after a short while it shut down, and since then i couldn't start it anymore...i tried the rmc reset but didn't help. does anybody have some other ideas? need it urgently...

196josue

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
When you connect your magsafe, does anything show up on the light. Nothing, green, or amber?

Also for your 2007 Macbook pro for an SMC reset make sure you are doing it correctly. On those models, make sure you are not connected to magsafe, remove the battery, then hold the power button for 5 secs, connect everything back and try to power on.

Best case scenario, the SMC reset fixed it or the top case power button may not work anymore. Middle ground would be that it needs the left i/o board replaced. Worst case is its the logic board and it may be too expensive to even try fixing anything.

Thanks!
-J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.