MacBook Pro doesn't turn back on after running out of battery

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Benjy972, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Benjy972 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have two problems that you might be able to help me out with:

1) When my MBP (no unibody, the one before that) runs out of battery and I simply plug it back in, it does not turn back on. I have to wait about 15 minutes for it to sort of let me manually (or it will automatically) turn back on.
    My Battry says I need to replace it. I know it's gone very bad, but I'm wondering if that out of battery problem can be caused by something else. any idea?

2) Sometimes, when I turn my computer off and try to turn it back on about 10 minutes later, it will load completely until my desktop shows, the top abr as well and the desktop icons, but the dock will not pop up for a while (10 to 15 minutes too). And the docking popping up is an indication of my MBP to be completely loaded and I can then start click things around. As long as it's not up, the computer is just frozen. Any idea?

Thanks guys for the help!

2. hayesk macrumors 65816

Have you looked in the Console (in Utilities)?

3. celticpride678

When was the last time you reinstall the OS (if ever)?

4. Benjy972 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have not looked in the console because I'm not savvy enough, I wouldn't know what to enter.

Concerning the reinstallation. When I got the computer from my girlfriend, I bought snow leopard and installed it. When I realized my computer was foing all those things I installed it back several times. I haven't done it again ever since. That was like 2 years ago or so...