MacBook pro doesn't turn on or chime

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pianodude123, Jun 24, 2009.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Hi. I am really upset because my trusty MacBook pro running the latest version of leopard decided not to turn on today. I already tried resetting the pram but I don't even hear the chime. I can hear my HD stRt but it downtown access anything. It just spins. Do you thnk I need a new logic board? I really hope not because They are like 400 on eBay. I tried taking the battery out And holding pwr button.

2. Some Guy 555 macrumors regular

Where I work I had a person bring in an old ibook that had the exact same symptoms that you are describing.

The Hard drive was faulty (unrecognized) and the logic board was toast. Total cost to fix was estimated over $800.

You still have applecare? I HIGHLY suggest you take it in to get diagnosed by an A+ technician who is apple certified or an apple genius (who is obviously certified as well).

3. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Yup. There's nothing else to do. Take it in and get it fixed.

4. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

At this point it's probably not even worth it. Right. The computer is only worth800 on eBay. A new one is about 1450 for a 13" and it would cost 800 to get it repaired. Now I have to do verything on my iPhone when I'm onthe go.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

True, but if you knew you were going to get a new mac, you could potentially get a favorable discount on it?