Macbook Pro down, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boostin, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Boostin macrumors member

Hey guys/gals. So was at class yesterday and set my laptop on my desk like normal. I have a speck full case on it, as well as a "incase" protective cover on it as well. It was inside BOTH Of these and i didnt realize it but my strap on my backpack was hooked under it and knocked it off my desk. It COUDLNT have fell more then 3 feet and landed right on the front right corner. surprisingly enough, it did dent in the whole side and i cannot shut the laptop now. If anyone knows how much this is going to cost me and or a good third party fix maybe i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. zorahk macrumors 6502

I think the damage is in the 800 dollar range.

3. Illicit macrumors 6502

4. Boostin thread starter macrumors member

really??? for a ****ing bottom case? jesus f*$&king christ. any third party way to get it cheaper?

5. Illicit macrumors 6502

If you could actually get a third party to fix it for $150, it'd actually be pretty cheap already.

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Those are unibody prices.

OP check here for your specific model.

Even the iFixit DIY prices will likely make this a costly repair. Maybe try finding an Authorized Apple Repair shop in your area, take it in, and get a quote.

If none of those prices appeal to you, and you can't live with your damaged notebook then just sell it. You're likely to get a higher percentage of price back without repair, than the percent you'll get back for a repaired machine + repair cost.

Does that sentence even make sense? lol Oh well, it does in my head. :p