Macbook Pro downloading very slowy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyonMS, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RyonMS macrumors newbie

Just got a brand new Macbook Pro and went to start downloading programs. However, I soon discovered I was only getting a few Kbps on my downloads. I finally got Google Chrome to download after about 30 minutes and then went to Speedtest.net. I ran a test and came back as getting 108.69 Mbps. The other computers in my house seem to be doing rather well and downloading things rather quickly. If anyone has an explanation for this or any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

The internet is a big place with a lot of speed variations across it, try downloading from some other places, are they all slow? Try downloading the same thing as one of the other machines, do they run at the same speed? Are they all connected by cable or WiFi?

3. RyonMS thread starter macrumors newbie

The download speed is still slow not matter where I try to download from. All of the machines I have tried downloading on are connected to WiFi and they all seem to get good download speeds except for the Macbook.

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

But if you do a direct comparison test, download the same thing on both? Or run the same speediest from the same site? If you connect by ethernet cable and turn WiFi off what do you get?

There isn't anything that should affect a single machine's access on a LAN except a bandwidth limitation configured on your router.