Macbook pro drain battery?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yabbah, Jan 1, 2013.

1. yabbah, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

yabbah macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a wierd problem with my new mid-2012 macbook pro i5 that I didn't had with my old mid-2010.

If i close the cover of my MBP, it is going down to hibernate or what it called in english. But as soon as I insert or remove the power adapter, the MBP wakes up for 10-20 sec, and it seems like it going back into the sleepmode.
    But if I going back to my MBP within some hours, the light at the front is not dim in/out, its just blacked out. And when open up the cover, I have that grayed out background (as when power drained).
    This happens ALL the time for me, have tried 2 different mid-2012, 2 different HDDs and clean install.

As I have noticed this happened after installed EFI update 2.0 (I think it was the name?), its for stabilize graphics and some more issues.

Anyone else have noticed this issues?
    It cant be hw-issue at my end, as two mid-2012 MBP has the exact same issue. I tried clean installed on new hdd too.

I called apple, they maked a report, but hadn't heard of this before :/

2. yabbah thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone out there have a mid-2012 MBP that can confirm if your macbook wakes up from sleep if you remove or insert the power into the mac?

Forgot to say that i run mountain lion 10.8.2 with all updates installed from app store.

3. yabbah thread starter macrumors newbie