Macbook PRO Drive Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yearziro, Mar 25, 2012.

1. yearziro macrumors member

yearziro

so just ran into an un-expected error hopefully someone can help me with just went to burn a cd with my macbook pro and it says no recorder found (tried resetting smc,pram different software) with no luck.

I have checked the about this mac and it see's the drive so im stumped as what it could be any help would be much appreciated

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I recently had the Superdrive replaced in my MacBook, now it appears I have to do the same with an iMac. Seems Superdrives are prone to failure, just get it replaced if you're under warranty.

3. yearziro thread starter macrumors member

yearziro

i am under warranty i dont think the drive failed as i can insert a disc and it prompts me for what i want to do etc which is weird

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Then it could be a problem at the OS level. Try repairing your permissions.

5. yearziro thread starter macrumors member

yearziro

i did have a few errors.... But that did not fix my problem really dread calling apple support as they always want to send me to a store to have it checked out only to find its something rather simple in the end

6. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Put the restore disc in and try holding C while booting. If it doesn't appear, its not OS level and its the drive physically.

7. yearziro thread starter macrumors member

yearziro

i dont have any restore discs since im running lion i never received them from apple

8. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

If you bought the laptop new, it should have discs that came with it.

9. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Not true. Lion Macs don't come with DVDs, and rely on the Apple Store.

You can't try a Windows Install DVD? Or borrow a Mac OS DVD from someone else?

If not: Take it to a Genius.

10. yearziro thread starter macrumors member

yearziro

i dont know where my windows disc is but i have tried a linux cd and i can see it when i start up.
    Also it see's it when i insert it when running osx my problem is strictly when it comes to burning i thought it was software related at first and i have un-installed and re-installed to no avail