MacBook Pro dual screen with hdtv

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XTXUXBXSX, Jul 26, 2011.

1. XTXUXBXSX macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey so I am wondering if it is possible/how to run dual screens with a MacBook pro and an HDTV?! I know it is with an external monitor and a DVI-mini adapter, but I will not be able to bring my extra monitor to college. I will however bring a tv. The tv supports VGA and DVI input and before go out and buy a cable and adapter I want to ensure that it will work. I also have an HDMI-mini adapter already and run it to the tv but that only shows an identical screen. If I can run dual screens with HDMI that be awesome cause I already have all the equipment. Ok! Thanks!

2. XTXUXBXSX thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!! Thanks! Do you know of I can do it with HDMI?! Cause all I can get it to do is show an identical screen?!

3. XTXUXBXSX thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey I just got it working with the HDMI cable. Thanks for your time and help. Let me know if you need anything in the future!