Macbook Pro DVD doesn't work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chocolate632, Jul 5, 2009.

1. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

Im having a problem with Macbook Pro (2.2GHZ Intel 2GB Ram), the one that was out before the new ones. I can load cd's fine, but when i put in a DVD, it spins the disk, then ejects in within seconds. Im out of my one year apple warranty, does anyone know what could be wrong?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You may want to take it in just to get it looked at
    Doesn't cost anything to have a Genius Bar appointment if you an Apple Store close by

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. pavialchemy macrumors newbie

Im having the same problem, same generation macbookpro, but the 2.4GHz model.

Since about a month MOST movie and data DVDs will spin up, then eject without a message before it mounts. Very frustrating. Oddly, some DVDs will play. This leads me to believe its a software problem as the DVDs that dont play do on other computers.

Any ideas as to how I might clean up the system in regards to this problem? Ive tried zapping the PRAM...

Cheers!

4. SpyderFCS macrumors member

I just took my 2.33GHz 15" MacBook Pro (late 2006) in because the SuperDrive wasn't mounting or reading CDs. DVDs seemed to work fine but not CDs.

Anyway, they sent it to Apple Repair in Houston and I was shocked when I got it back. They replaced the following:

1. Logic Board
    2. 1GB of RAM (had 1x1GB and 1x2GB sticks in it)
    3. Both Fans
    4. Keyboard
    5. Top Shell (including trackpad)
    6. Hinges on both the screen and the lid locking mechanism
    7. Flex cable (not sure what that is)

Anyway, I'm thrilled because I have an almost new computer inside not to mention it feels much better with the new keyboard, trackpad and top shell (which had some wear and tear around the right palm rest).

I only went in to get a new SuperDrive and they went all out without me even asking.

Funny thing is that they didn't replace the SuperDrive but it's also working perfectly now.

Just thought I'd share and thank god for AppleCare.