MacBook Pro DVI to 4-pin firewire on DV camcorder ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by HanaOtafuku, Dec 11, 2008.

1. HanaOtafuku macrumors newbie

I have tried to look up the answer but the more I looked the more confused I got. So I decide to get helps directly. :confused:

I would like to record HD video off the computer screen of my MacBook Pro. I found out I could record the video directly onto a Mini DV Pro camcorder, which supports resolution up to 720p and 1080p. But my school does not have a converter that will allow me to output signal from DVI to the 4-pin firewire port on DV camcorder.

I am not sure if I only need an adapter as an interface conversion between Mac DVI and DV camcorder? Or I need a video format converter?

And which model will do the job?

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

DVI to Firewire is not a possible conversion. I think what you are looking for is something to connect the DVI to the video in ports on the camera (probably composite or s-video). That is possible and Apple has a $20 adapter to do that conversion.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What about using a screen capture program like Snapz Pro?

Lethal

4. HanaOtafuku thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried Snapz. The frame rate was not good if I capture size bigger than 640x480.

5. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

That adapter is not HD just an fyi. Composit and s video out.

6. HanaOtafuku thread starter macrumors newbie

do you mean I can use composite on DV camcorder instead of firewire port? Can someone suggest a model?