Macbook Pro earlie 2008 warm problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Immanueldk, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Immanueldk macrumors member

Hello, can it be possible to my mbp is more than 60 degrees while watchin movies, or surf on the internet?

now ive downloadet smcfancontrol because it getting very hot?

should I take it to service?

2. Immanueldk thread starter macrumors member

Nobody has heating problems like me?

3. sookainian macrumors regular

It's normal...

I believe you haven't got any reply is because there are alot of related threads posted long time ago... try doing some research before posting. I've seen many of this kind of thread posted before...

60 degree is already consider average. Sometimes when i heavily loading it by using final cut studio, it can get as hot as 80 - 90 degrees !

4. Immanueldk thread starter macrumors member

but that sick man, its the same in windows if i play. and if im not playing my battery die after 30-60 min. i gave many money for this and its very bad cooling then. good that i have insurance hehe.

5. sookainian macrumors regular

It's the same in windows, when i'm playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X with graphics all set to high. It'll get as hot as 90 degrees.

Actually if you ask me, how effective is the cooling on the MBP, i wont be surprised if you say it suck. Some more, everything inside is pack so close together. You cant expect it to cool as well don't you ?? ( there is a reason why desktop CPU/GPU heatsink is so big. Now a days, people even use water cooling system to cool their CPU/GPU !! )

It's a give and take from my point of view. If u want thin/slim/beautiful, cooling will suck. If you want better cooling, your laptop will be bigger/thicker/ugly...

In this world, you can only choose one... You can't have best of both world.

We just got to live with it. :)

6. Immanueldk thread starter macrumors member

thanks for an intelligent answer...

8600GT, should be a good gfx, I should be able to play at 1280x800? I play Juiced 2, and if i take more than 1024x768 its lags, very odd...

Do you know a good program for windows for controlling fans? I use inputRemapper is there another one? for Mac I use, SMCFANCONTROL, its okay, keeping the tempeture down.

7. sookainian macrumors regular

8600GT is a powerful graphic card.

Now i cant comment on that as i never play Juiced 2 on a MBP before.

But in gerenal, think it this way, even if you have a powerful graphic card, but a [slow processor, slow harddisk, low RAM or etc].. the lousy [stuffs] will limit the graphic card performance.

Hope you get what i mean ?? it's not just all about gfx

When i am running windows, i just use SMC fan control. What i normally do is, boot up Mac then set SMC fan to Max, then i restart and boot windows. So my fan is running full speed while i am gaming.

Sorry i'm about outdated on the fan part... you will have to look some someone else :)