Macbook Pro Early 2008 Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by themat, Apr 10, 2010.

1. themat macrumors member

Hey guys, have had my Macbook Pro (Early 2008) for about 18 months now, and have Apple Care. I know that in this model of MBP people have had problems with the graphics card frying, and over the past couple of days when playing WoW my screen has randomly been going fuzzy and loads have squares have been appearing then its gone back to normal after a few seconds. Just wondered is this the start of this problem for me and if so will Apple fix it now or will I have to wait until its totally broken?

Another problem I've had for about two weeks is that since running software update, my trackpad and keyboard will randomly stop working. I use a USB mouse and that continues to work, but the trackpad and keyboard don't and I have to restart my MBP. Anyone else have this problem and if so what can I do?

2. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

If you can demonstrate the graphics glitch you have described here to Apple, I feel sure that they will repair it for you. What you have described is certainly not normal and is the sort of thing you bought AppleCare to cover.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

4. themat thread starter macrumors member

Will do on Monday, thanks guys. Will also try and take some screen-shots next time the graphics problem occurs to show Apple just in case.