Macbook Pro Early 2008 Yoesemite install crash

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miches, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Miches macrumors newbie

Hello,

Sorry for my English, but I have big problem. Clean instalation of OS X Lion is without any problem. But instalation/upgrade on Yosemite or Mavericks crashed while loading instalation data, then restart and loading again and crashed again. It is very strange. I have new 500 GB HDD intel, 4 GB RAM. Where could be problem? I did reset of everything PRAM and SMC.
    PLEASE HELP.

2. AppleFan22 macrumors regular

3. Miches thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I have Macbook Pro Early 2008 and this macbook is still supported.

4. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I have the following:

MacBookPro4,1 Early 2008 15" MBP and after asking at the genius bar :eek: and getting a second opinion from Applecare over the phone they both said that Mavericks was it for OS's on this and that Yosemite was NOT even suggested to maybe try out, so Mavericks is on it and I mite go back to Mountain Lion.

5. yangchewren macrumors regular

Do u see the grey screen restart message? Or is it just a sudden reset?

It may be memory related.

6. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Yes I do , I did the install of the OS "Mavericks" off a USB drive, while holding down the option key booting up.

I used the information from this site

HTH

7. Miches thread starter macrumors newbie

When I Installing system over MAC App store then shows message in 5 languages:Your computer restarted because of a problem. When I Installing system over USB then do not show nothing, only restarting.

8. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Do you have the option of doing a reinstall if you hold down the option key when booting up it show 2 selections, one being the normal boot up partition and a recovery ? You can select the recovery which will reinstall the OS.

I do not understand installing the OS from the MAC App store. In what I have tried to explain too you is the only methods I KNOW of which is not saying that it's the only way either