MacBook Pro Early 2010 lost sound (in windows)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pavia, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Pavia macrumors regular

Hey.

I was just watching some youtube videos, and suddenly the video stopped working, I then refreshed it and the sound was gone. First I thought this was only in the youtube player, but now that I've tested both windows media player (which actually, for some reason, couldn't play ANYTHING whatsoever) and the volume control. I haven't tried a restart though, even though this may fix the problem, it's doesn't permanently resolve it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And is there a fix for it, or is it just windows ****ing with me, as always?

Pavia

Edit: I'm using an i7 2.66 ghz with 4 gb ram and a 7200 rpm hdd. Running windows 7 ultimate (bootcamp) 32-bit.

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Obviously, the first thing you need to do is restart the computer to see if it solves the issue. And if it never comes back then you have permanently resolved it.

Even on my brand new Windows 7 work computer the sound goes out from time to time and I have to restart to correct the issue.

Which is why my home computer is and always will be a Mac. Microsoft can't do anything right.:mad: