Macbook pro Early 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jt23905, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jt23905 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I am posting in regards to my macbook pro I purchased about a month ago. I upgraded from the 2008 black macbook configured at (2.4 ghz dual core, 250gb hd, 4 gb of ram) on leopard to (2.7 ghz i7, 500 gb hd and 4gb of ram) with the new mbp pro. I spilt water on my original macbook, so I had the geniuses transfer over my stuff to my new mbp pro, which only took up around 50GB.

Needless to say I've been experiencing quite a few problems with this new laptop: firstly I am noticing that the scroll on web pages are very choppy, secondly I am noticing that the computer is pretty slow in regards to just booting and I am experiencing a lot of crashes with applications, I am also experiencing no where near the stated battery time, after a full charge and unplugging the battery it says I will only get 1:30 mins of battery life at 99% and right now at 60% it says I will only receive 57 mins of battery life. Finally I am noticing that the fan is extremely loud and is always on, I only have about 3 applications running (including mozilla, awaken and word.) I'd appreciate any advice thank you very much.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Bring it in

3. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Scrolling and such will be a *tad* bit laggy since it's only an Intel HD 3000 graphics card. But from the way you make it sound, it's dramatic. Try restarting or resetting PRAM/SMC.

For the boot speed, it's because you have a mechanical hard drive. If you want fast boot times, you need an SSD. Or a Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive.

Battery life, see if you have anything taking up a lot of processes and RAM in Activity Monitor.

Or just to make life easier, and because you can, take it to an Apple Store since you have AppleCare. Use it.