MacBook Pro Ebay, need help FAST

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaps59, Feb 23, 2011.

1. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

Hi, I listed my MBP i7 for a one day auction last night, has about 25 mins left in the auction, two bids, at nearly 1600 USD. I really was hoping it would get to about 1800, but that looks a bit far from here. Im kinda on the fence if this guy is a legit, good customer/buyer for me. He has good feedback, but people who were interested in my computer sent me emails asking for pics and extra information when he did not.

Is there anything I should in the last minutes of the auction to get the most or make sure I dont get scammed?

Listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...326843&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_918wt_993

Extra pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56003601@N07/sets/72157626124406110/

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

//shrug

over 140 feedback. If it's 100% and in the states, what's the problem?

And you appear to have zero feedback/selling history. Many buyers would consider that to be a red flag, especially on high $$$ purchases.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Can you require payment before you ship? You also definitely want signature required shipping.

4. Benjamins macrumors 6502a

Looks to me you are just advertising your auction....:rolleyes:

5. xdbuix macrumors 6502

he has good feedback with 147 and 100% positive. THe 2 bids are from him, which is most likely that he increased his bid. However since there are no other bidders, its going to stay low until someone else bids on it.

I wouldnt be too worried, but I did notice that you have 0 feedback. 0 feedback= no good in ebay, because buyers will be aware of your new status to ebay so its more likely you'll get less bids.

Other than that you should be good to go with the 1600.

6. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

You really should have taken some time and sold/buy some other things on eBay to build at least some feedback. You would have attracted more bidders, and more money, if you were not at 0 feedback. That's a huge red flag to lots of buyers. I think you still made out well but could have possibly hit that 1800, or closer to it, with more feedback. Just something to think about if you sell another laptop on eBay.

7. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

I agree with the others. I never buy anything over $50 bucks or so from someone without any feedback. Its just not wise. In the future make sure you get more feedback.

8. rmitchell248, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

this is what happens when people get all caught up in knee jerk selling of their electronics based on some rumors from kids sitting behind computers that have no knowledge whatsoever about anything.

The general information that you get on this forum about these sorts of things should be taken for what it is... nothing. Its only obvious you tried to offload your MBP on a one day auction so that you could get the new one... that is very poor planning, maybe if you loose 700 on it real quick you will learn a lesson?

Sorry to hear about this.

edit.. now that you HAVE lost 650.00 on it.....

Even if you tell us that you were not planning on buying the new MBP you still could have thought this out much better... 1 day auction with no feedback sounds like fire sale or scam?