macbook pro eearly 2015 battery issue

steelem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
my MacBook pro battery has died - not sure why it was getting around 6-8 hours a few days ago and now it will not charge - I did the SMC reset hoping it was this but its not - can anyone advise is there is anything else I can do ? also I have a count of 349 is this right ?

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
🇺🇸
At 349 cycle you should be good still. If it isn't charging try cleaning the charging port or try another power adapter

steelem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
At 349 cycle you should be good still. If it isn't charging try cleaning the charging port or try another power adapter
quick question why would it be a charger issue ? the machine boots ok with the charger attached - if i take the charger off the system will go down ?

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
🇺🇸
You said it isn't charging but If the charge light come up then maybe a bad battery or loose connection

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
I'd recommend that you take it to a brick-n-mortar Apple Store and have it checked out by the genius bar, just to see what they say.

At the very worst, I think a replacement battery will run about $200 installed (make sure you get a firm quote on that, parts & labor, before you hand it in).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.