MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.7..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimcicle, Jul 13, 2009.

1. kimcicle macrumors newbie

First os all I apologize for the multiple posts in an hour haha,

but I just did a MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.7 to my MBP,
    and when I restarted the computer, the computer made unusual beep for a second before it was getting ready to boot,

im fairly new to the mac so i don't know if that's normal..

so the question is, is it normal for the macs to make that beep( not the starting sound) ?

thanks guys!:rolleyes:

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Firmware updates will make the beep sound. It's normal. After the update is complete the usual chime sound will happen upon startups.

3. gustavca macrumors newbie

Have the beep continued?

I updated my girlfriends macbook with the same EFI but her computer have continued to sound every time it has started up since the update. It goes like this first when you push the power button the computer start up but the screen remains black, after about five seconds, the power led starts flashing rapidly for about two or three seconds then a long beep sounds. The screen remains black for another five seconds and then the computer starts up as normal. As soon as the computer is on it works like a charm... So as if this wouldn't be enough I noticed that when I have the system dvd inserted, the computer starts up as normal, but as soon as it i removed the same problem occur.