MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.2 Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jceire, Oct 1, 2011.

1. jceire macrumors newbie

I have the latest MacBook Pro with Lion.

Everytime I run the software update I get the following result, since about mid September;

- MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.2

Funny thing is I go through the process of installing the update, at least 5 times at this stage (download...computer restarts etc etc.), and its still coming up whenever I run the software update.

Why is this the case if I've already installed it???? Really confused!!! :confused:

Thanks for any help!!

2. Danksy macrumors newbie

me too, though different PROBLEM

you mean you have to install the update time and again?
    i downloaded it on my girlfriend's new MBP 13" and it asked for sudden power turn-off, then shut down the screen, with the fans still working, then i forced shut it off, and when turning on it reported i have "a problem".
    wow
    so disturbing!
    what's going on?

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

you should NEVER turn a computer off during a firmware update. firmware is like the bios of your computer on a small chip. its the lowest level of software on your computer. if you screw it up you can make the machine unbootable. as in you will have to take it to apple to fix it. basically this is referred to as bricking your computer if you screw up a firmware update.

4. jceire thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, very odd but I have to keep installing it, well at this stage I've given up. It's already been "supposedly" downloaded and installed so I dont know what's going on!!!