Macbook pro EFI update 2.3 problems with SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Js17hilton, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Js17hilton macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble getting the MBP EFI 2.3 update to install. I have read with past EFI updates that SSD's caused the problems that I am having.

It will start to update, reboots and then as soon as it turns on I get a BEEP. I then see the apple logo with a loading bar under it for a few seconds. It then turns off and repeats this 5 times. Finally it will bypass the EFI update and revert to how it was before. Software update says I still have to update it.

Is there anyway around this other than booting from a HDD installing the update, and then cloning my HDD data to my SSD?

Thanks.

2. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

seems like cloning is your only option:(

3. getheo macrumors member

getheo

i had the same problem.I tried to update from battery.I pluged my macbook in and all are ok.

4. Js17hilton thread starter macrumors newbie

You, my friend, are THE MAN!!!

Thanks.:D

5. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Maybe you'll read the instructions from Apple next time? They did say to plug it in for all EFI updates.

6. Js17hilton thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. :cool:

7. Freddy1765 macrumors member

Does that BEEP indicate a problem of some sort?
    I updated the EFI (while plugged in), it rebooted, made the BEEP noise, then the Apple logo appeared with a progress bar which was fairly slow at progressing.
    When I got to the desktop the update had been installed anyway.. Just a bit worried about that beep sound?

Using Samsung 470, if it matters..

8. Js17hilton thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine did the same thing, both when I was having problems and after it installed correctly.

I assume that it is normal, I remember it from my last EFI update. Maybe someway of telling the user that it will not be going through a typical boot process?