Macbook Pro EFI Update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Minimoose 360, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I just installed the EFI update...and during the installation, as my MBP was restarting, a deafening noise of (pardon my language) what I would describe as "ear rape" blasted out of my speakers. I thought maybe it was just something weird, but just a few moments ago it happened again while I was actually using the computer.

Is this a known issue? I have no other problems so far, and I don't know why this is happening just after this update.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

The loud tone is normal when the update starts running. However, it should only happen that one time. Are you sure it was the same tone?

3. Minimoose 360 thread starter macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Well that's good to know. And is the tone not barred by the computers volume? I never have mine up very high and the tone was really really loud. The second time wasn't as loud, but I can assure you it was the same type of tone.

I have used my MBP for about 6 more hours since the second occurrence and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary...so I think it was just a slight error.

EDIT: Another point, the second time the noise occurred I was playing music if that has anything to do with it.

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

was it the song/music you were listening to? does it happen when you play it again?

mine made the long loud tone at the initial start up, as do all efi updates have done in the past for me.