Macbook pro endlessly restarts during bootup.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, Nov 6, 2012.

1. darkus macrumors regular

So in the middle of doing some work, suddenly my MBP just died. I thought ok, let me restart it.

Now when I try to restart, during the gray boot screen (with the apple logo) the computer will reboot itself and go back into the boot sequence again. This will continue endlessly.

Heres the kicker, I have bootcamp installed and if I try to boot into windows 7, the same exact thing happens during the windws7 load screen with the floating circles

Since its happening at the same relative timepoint across two seemingly separate partitions, I dont think its a failed hard drive or anything, but rather maybee something very wrong with a piece of hardware / cpu / ram ?

Has anyone heard of this or have any ideas for solutions without jeapordizing my data?

Thanks!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Boot from your restore disk or the restore partition and see if you can use Disk Utility to repair your drive.

If that doesn't work, pull the HDD out and install a new one. Reinstall OSX and restore from your backup if possible. If that isn't possible, buy an enclosure and see if you can still read the HDD you pulled.

Also, make sure you start backing up your data from now on.

3. reery macrumors regular

reery

I had about the same problem like you. HFS+ drivers corrupted both partitions. Repair also failed, so deleted the whole drive including all partitions in Linux and recovered OS X.