Macbook Pro Exchange Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KilljoyPBN, Oct 28, 2008.

1. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

When I ordered my Macbook Pro BTO, I also got Final Cut Express, an Apple Remote and a Mini display port to DVI adapter. Do I need to include these when I pack to ship the old MBP out? If I don't how will the serial number on Final Cut work?

Will the one they send come with Final Cut, the remote and the display adapter like the first one I got?

2. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Are they exchanging because the unit was a lemon or are you just returning? Regardless, as long as only the MBP is being exchanged that should be all you have to send back. The other items were on separate SKUs so they will be separate from the MBP. Just not sure exactly what you are referring to I suppose :eek:

3. KilljoyPBN thread starter macrumors regular

It had finger prints behind the glass. I guess early on in the assembly process the pieces of glass are put together as one so they are just replacing the whole thing. I just wasn't sure is I could just put the Macbook Pro, power cables and booklets in.

4. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Probably best to call just in case but I would imagine they just want the MBP in its original box. Less on shipping for them.

5. KilljoyPBN thread starter macrumors regular

I will see what the e-mail says with the shipping label. If no mention I guess I will call.