macbook pro exchange/replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by c2523340012, Oct 15, 2011.

1. c2523340012 macrumors newbie

I am going to an audio engineering school, and a macbook is included as part of its tuition. We had the opportunity to upgrade to a macbook pro, which i did. My worry is now that the new macbook pros will be coming out, hopefully within a month or so, will apple allow me to replace the early 2011 model for the late 2011 model?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

No indication of new MBPs coming until 2012. There might be a small processor spec bump soon. No big changes likely until Ivy Bridge is released by Intel in 2012. Might be April or later.

You can replace it within the 14 day return period, but you have to return it and buy a new one. Some stores might allow different, but don't count on it.

3. c2523340012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for that response. I did understand that it was only a small speed bump, but its kind of disappointing to see that I'm going to get a new macbook when it wont be the latest update. Well thanks again

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Honestly, the speed bump will be so small that you really wouldn't even notice it. You're getting a great machine...I wouldn't feel too bad about it ;)

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

enjoy ur machine and stop worrying about the newest thing

6. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

It's amazing how "mac envy" always bothers existing owners. The day a new model is introduced it's as if everyone's CPU suddenly grinds to a halt and all the applications stop working like they did the day before. :)

7. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Exactly, i don't think you would notice a difference.

8. c2523340012 thread starter macrumors newbie

It isn't envy, but simply the fact that if I am going to be paying for a product, I would like to purchase the "better" updated version of that product, especially if they are relatively equal in price.
    If I had the chance to wait until the late 2011 version released, I would have, but unfortunately the order of the laptop is being done by the school.

9. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Believe me, you will be fine with the early 2011 MBP. Its a great and reliable machine. Any update coming this year will probably be a minor spec update which will be unnoticeable.

10. randomrazr macrumors 65816

are u going to be doing anythign different on the current model comapred to a future model? no

the power the sandy bridge processors offer aare more than enough or your needs.

so they update the hard drive tfrom 320gb to 500gb. big woof, thats not gonna make a difference