MacBook pro experts needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Asher133, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Asher133 macrumors member

I was passing buy this storage place on my way back home and seen they were selling stuff from unpaid storage units any who I ended up getting a 13 inch retina Macbook pro for $50 took it home of course it was password locked I attempted to rest it to factory but the HD has a passcode on it

My question is can I remove the pass code lock or do I need to reinstall Mac OS X on it also there is no optical drive so if I do get a new SSD how would install it no optical drive

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

You'll need a second Mac to create a bootable OS X installer. After creating it, you can just plug into your rMBP, hold down Option during boot and select your USB installer. From there, open Disk Utility (the installer contains a few apps like Terminal, Firmware Password Utility, Time Machine restore and Disk Utility), and format the internal drive.

Then install OS X.

3. Asher133, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

Asher133 thread starter macrumors member

THANKS ALOT DUDE whipped the HD then just freshly installed yosimite on the retina
    It's a (late 2013) i7 16GB ram 1TB SSD holy sh** I just scored big I'm so freaking hyped I owe you man I was going to sell it for $200 if I didnt crack that password soon

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I've got a late-2013 13" i7/16GB RAM/512GB SSD as well, and it flies.

You owe me a beer :D

5. Asher133 thread starter macrumors member

Lol beers on me then cheers ##

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Holy moly did you score. Wow. :eek:

Top of the freakin' line, bro. Golly.

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Congratz on the Bargain!

Re-install the OS! That laptop will have someones personal information, and you should not access it.

8. Asher133 thread starter macrumors member

I already did it was password protected it was the only way I could access it

----------

Yeah I know I'm stopping by that storage place every week now lol