Macbook Pro External Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MADADAM, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MADADAM macrumors newbie

is there any way to close my macbook pro while using my external display or does it have to be open

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Hook a Keyboard and Mouse to the computer, close the lid. It will goto sleep. Then hit a key on the keyboard, the system will wake up and the external screen will be the only one.

TEG

3. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

Yes, I have done this in the past, simply connect an external keyboard and mouse (bluetooth or usb and it doesn't need to be Apple branded) and then your good to go - close the lid and continue working, just be careful about heat distribution, I have mine closed but put on an iCurve stand to get area underneath the machine where it always seems to get extremely hot.

4. mojopixel macrumors 6502

mojopixel

yeah, connect your MBP to your monitor and then plug the magsafe into your MBP, close the lid and wait a couple of seconds. The MBP should go to slepp and then kick into life with the display on your external monitor. You have to have your magsafe plugged in for this to work.

5. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

The number of people that ask this exact same question per day with out doing a search first is kind of worrying.

Searching is your friend.